Arab Press

بالشعب و للشعب
Tuesday, Sep 27, 2022

Divorced woman can travel with son if she holds custody deed 

Divorced woman can travel with son if she holds custody deed 

The divorced woman can travel with her son if she had a custody deed, the General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) said.
The Jawazat confirmed that the custody deeds include the modern one, in addition to the old deeds that prohibit the mother to travel with her son. The old deeds had been issued before the new amendments to the regulation.

It added that if there was a custody deed, then the custodian could book an appointment and visit the Jawazat department to issue or renew the Custody passport and issue an electronic travel permit.

The jawazat stated that children between 18 to 21 years old can travel with one of the parents, or with the approval of one of them. While the legal age for travel without the need to issue a travel permit is 21 (in Hijri year) and above.

All the measures and requirement to issue a travel permit for boys under the age of 21 years can be checked via Absher platform, and through the Jawazat’s departments on the following link:

The Jawazat clarified the methods of renewing or issuing a passport for the child whose custody is in the name of one of its parents. It stated that it can be done via both parent's accounts on Absher platform, the father or the mother.

The mode being: First choose the family members services, then the services icon, then issue or renew the Saudi passport, following that all the service requirements would appear.

Related Articles

Arab Press